Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Who Really Cares About Mardi Gras Anyways?


I understand that after Hurricane Katrina flooded New Orleans that Mardi Gras 2006 is a symbolic celebration. But the major media is reporting this like everyone cares. Evidentally people getting wasted and women flashing crowds of men for plastic beads is national news. I didnt get the memo. I have no problem with these people having fun, I mean most of them deserve it after what they've gone through the past few months, but to the rest of the country this is just not that big a deal. CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC, etc, all have Mardi Gras as a headline or a 'top story.' This as Iraq Tinkers on civil war, a US soldier in afghanistan is killed, the Supreme Court makes an important ruling on abortion, and the nation decides whether to allow an Arab government to control major ports. To be honest, most of the guys I know only care about Mardi Gras because they know that the next installment of 'Girls Gone Wild' should be out in the subsequent months, but I doubt CNN will report that, God Bless America.

Oh...and Happy Fat Tuesday!

-Brad

No comments: