Wednesday, May 24, 2006

TIME Kisses the Asses of the Dixie Chicks

STILL TRAITORS


Well I just got done reading the article in TIME magazine about the Dixie Chicks and their new album, and how the lead singer is now taking back her apology to the president after she said she was ashamed of being from the same state as him right before the Iraq war began in London, England. Now Natalie Maines says, "I apologized for disrespecting the office of the President, but I dont feel that way anymore. I dont feel he is owed any respect whatsoever."

The writer of the article is a man by the name of Josh Tyrangiel, who could not have kissed their butts anymore in this piece. This article was more of an open forum for these three idoits than an objective piece of journalism. At one point, the author describes singer Toby Keith, who has had a long-running rift with the Dixie Chicks, a 'brilliant redneck instigator.' Sweet.

As I said, this whole thing is just for the DC's to sell their brand new CD that came out yesterday, but Im thinking, and hoping, that it will do very very badly. Here is why:

"Id rather have a smaller following of really cool people who get it," says Maguire, "who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith. We dont want those kinds of fans. They limit what we can do."


Maguire is one of the DC's, and she is obviously a delusional fool. I love it when singers and entertainers pick who they want their fans to be. I especially enjoyed it when she said that people like that limit what they can do, when now they have fans who only like them for their political beliefs because they have basically alienated most fans who liked them for their musical talent.

I dont care how you slice it, I think that the Dixie Chicks are cowards and traitors. You DO NOT go on foreign soil and disrespect your country and president, no matter how much you may hate either one. I wanna see them do that at a concert in Nashville, or Salt Lake City, or a town that is Conservative, because that at least takes guts. They ruined their career's that day three years ago, and I think they know it. But rather than just apologize and try to mend fences, they come out with a new album with that first single called "not ready to make nice". I dont know who their publicist is, but that person is a baffoon. They should just shut up and sing country songs, its what they are good at. If they want to discuss politics, run for office.

I truly hope that nobody buys this CD, but I know some people will. If you really like their music, just do what I do, download it.

-Brad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m curious; why exactly does one not go on foreign soil and disrespect one’s country and head of state? Surely both the ideals “Free speech” and Democracy held so highly in the United States of America allow for free forming political discussion, even if it does go against the grain of the ruling majority (or political power).