Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Congress Gone Wild

TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH

I heard this last night on the news and I thought it was outrageous. I havent been able to find much about it online, so I will update this when I can.

Congress wants to pass legislation because of the raid on Rep. Jefferson's office a few weeks ago. As you know, many in Congress are up in arms about this, because they say that the raid, which is unprecedented, was also unconstitutional. Im not exactly sure what the wording of any such legislation would say, but Im sure it will make them unaccountable for any wrong doing that members might be a part of.

The reaction to all this is alarming to me. It almost seems that many congress people are trying to hide something and are scared to death that their congressional offices might be subject to criminal raids. Almost all Americans think that any elected person should be subjected to criminal probes like anyone else, and if you are accused of a crime, and a judge issues a warrant to search your office for evidence, then so be it.

These people want to be above the law, and its just pathetic.

Again I will update this when more is known about any future legislation.

-Brad

No comments: