Monday, July 17, 2006

World Leaders Feel the Heat

WHY I LIKE GEORGE W. BUSH

I took the weekend off from blogging, but I have still been keeping aprised of what is going on in the Middle East. Perhaps the only funny thing about the situation is the way that the leaders of the world, who are gathered in Russia for the G8, are trying to spin the situation. Well, all the leaders except ours that is. President Bush this morning, without his knowledge, said a swear word to Prime Minister Tony Blair while discussing Syria. The media is abuzz about this, I personally just think it was extremely funny. You can watch it here, and I recommend you do. I really wish Bush would talk like this publically, because it is the truth. Here is the exchange:

Blair: Well...its only if I mean...you know. If shes got a..., or if she needs the ground prepared as it were...Because obviously if she goes out, shes got to succeed, if it were, whereas I can go out and just talk.

Bush: You see, the...thing is what they need to do is to get Syria, to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and its over.


Awesome. Sure, Bush didnt know the mic was on, but I still love the candor.

Now, about the actual war. Israel is still pledging no mercy on the enemy until their soldiers are returned. I dont even know if the Israelis are sure those who were captured are still alive. Maybe they know, but I dont. Israel actually sent ground troops into southern Lebanon last night to attack some Hezbollah targets, but the IDF still says that an all out ground attack in Lebanon wont happen. We shall see about that. The conflict continues to heat up, along with the pressure on both sides to stop the fighting. Everyone seems to want to jump to peace, when some of us see an opportunity to cut this snake off at its head. Israel should not relent until they end Hezbollah, and the world should unite behind them by getting rid of the Iranian regime. I know that will never happen, because many world leaders sympothize with the terrorsts, while others are completely impotant, like the United Nations. If you want more on the backround of this violence, read here, so you can understand the severity of the situation, and why it must be dealt with now.

In some other news, the space shuttle Discovery returned this morning safely after almost 2 weeks in space. I have to admit I was wrong, NASA pulled this one together without a problem. I still think that the space program is a waste of time and money because they arent doing anything new, but I am very glad that the astronauts were able to successfully complete their little mission and return home safe and sound.

Another big story today is the freakin heat. Goooooooood Lord its hot. The temp could top out at 96 today in cleveland, with a heat index, which is the heat plus the humidity, could go over 100! Make sure you keep an eye on babies and old people, because they are obviously the most vulnerable in this kind of weather. The forcast shows a bit of a cool down for the rest of the week, but its still gonna be in the upper 80's. Thats about it for now, Ill post again if anything major happens. Stay cool.

-Brad

No comments: