Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lieberman Under Attack

SUCKS TO BE HIM

I kinda feel bad for Joe Lieberman. I actually like the guy, I think he is one of the very few Democrats in congress who is thinking clearly and also has a mind of his own. Maybe it makes me a hypocrit though, considering that Im not a fan of John McCain, while the two are very similar on their respective sides of the isle. I watched the debate the other night on MSNBC between Lieberman and his extremely liberal opponent Ned Lamont. To me, Lamont came off to be extremely fake. The man is obviously running as a left wing looney because he believes he can get the support of the other left wing loonies in Connecticut, whom Lieberman has alienated by taking the correct stand on the Iraq war.

Obviously, Iraq is the defining issue in the campaign. Other than Iraq, Lieberman pretty much follows the Democratic party line. What I have found very interesting about this race is the fear of other elected Democrats to publically support Lieberman. John Kerry, who wants to run for president in 2008 as the liberal candidate, refuses to support his friend. To me, that just proves how big of a tool that John Kerry truly is. All the man cares about is politics and himself, which is why he will never be our president, thank God.

My vast political knowledge very rarely lets me down, and I think I will be right by saying that Joe Lieberman will win the Senate race from his own state. Im not sure if he will survive the primary, but if he has to run as an independent, which he says he will, I think he will prevail. Im just curious about the Republican candidate in the race and whether or not that person has any chance of winning if Lieberman and Lamont end up splitting the Democratic vote in November. Wouldnt that be an interesting change of events?! By the way, primary day is August 8th, I believe, in Connecticut, so stay tuned.

-Brad

No comments: